Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Vacation, December 2005

Ride Hard!: December 2005


BB and I (and my sister) took Mins skiing for a full week in New Mexico over his winter high school vacation.

Some kids would find that Very Cool. Other kids – maybe junior racers – would say, “OMG, I won’t be able to ride for a week?? I’m going to totally lose fitness!”

Some parents might gamely reply, as I did, “Hey, you’ll be at a very high altitude! It will really improve your aerobic capacity!” That might just pacify the junior athlete long enough to get him strapped into the airplane seat before the plane taxis out and it really sinks in that his precious bike has been left home, All Alone.

Ah, well. He suffered through it (and improved quite a bit as a skiier by the end of the trip!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home